10 Things about Cristiano Ronaldo you need to know
Ronaldo has five Ballon d’Or awards, the most for a European player and is tied for most all-time. He is the first player in history to win four European Golden Shoes. Often considered the best player in the world and regarded by some as the greatest of all time.
Born: 5 February 1985 (age 33 years), Hospital Dr. Nélio Mendonça, Funchal, Portugal
Height: 1.87 m
Current teams: Portugal national football team (#7 / Forward), Juventus F.C. (Forward)
Children: Alana Martina dos Santos Aveiro, Eva Maria Dos Santos, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., Mateo Ronaldo
10 Interesting Things:
– His father Jose Dinis Aveiro was a great fan of U.S President Ronald Reagan. That’s the reason he named his son Cristiano Ronaldo.
– Before playing for his first club Sporting, he played for an amateur team Andorinha where his father used to work as a Kits man.
– He used to mesmerize people even at the age of 11. His coach at Sporting Lisbon said “When he got the ball he went past two or three players. At the end of the game the players gathered around him, they knew he was a special kid.”
– In his initial days, Ronaldo used to train with weights on his either feet and used to dribble the ball. He used to believe that practicing in that way improves his pace on the pitch.
– Manchester United signed him at the age of 18 for a record price of 12 million Euros. This is a record signing for a player at that age till now.
– Ronaldo had an autobiography on his name titled “Moments” which was published in December 2007.
– Cristiano Ronaldo launched an iPhone game app called “Heads up” which was developed by RockLive.
– He won Golden boot in the year 2001 and sold it for 1.5 million Euros to help with the education of children in Gaza. No matter how arrogant he is on picth, he was always kind at heart at off the pitch.
– Ronaldo doesn’t drink because it reminds of his father who died of drinking and doesn’t have any tattoos because he often donates his blood.
– He does around 3000 abs per day.
– He hits the ball with the speed of around 13.1 kmph which is almost equal to the speed of space shuttle launching.
Some Facts about Cristiano Ronaldo :
– He was expelled from school
At just 14 years of age Cristiano Ronaldo was expelled following a clash with his teacher.
“I was not thick but I was not interested in school,” Ronaldo revealed in 2011. “I was expelled after I threw a chair at the teacher. He disrespected me.”
– He has his OWN MUSEUM
– His son is also named CRISTIANO RONALDO
The soccer star’s son, four-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo Jr, is raised by Ronaldo and his grandmother Dolores.
Earlier this year while his father was doing an interview for the Portugal national team’s official.
– Ronaldo is the only player to record five 50-GOAL SEASONS
From the 2010/11 season onwards Ronaldo has scored a half century of goals. His tallies during this period are: 53, 60, 55, 51 and 53. Messi has reached the mark four times, including a 73-goal campaign in 2011-12 — which is the record. Only nine players in history have had multiple 50-goal seasons.
His Guinness World Records
The Guinness World Records is a reference book published annually, listing world records and national records, both of human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. To conclude, it honors the year’s most impressive acts.
Ronaldo set five records in 2016, despite the unsuccessful attempt for the Most self-portrait photographs (selfies) taken in three minutes.
Most goals in a UEFA Champions League season by an individual (17)
Most FIFA World Player of the Year awards (3)
Most Liked Person On Facebook (Male)
Most followed athlete on Twitter (with 37,831,159 followers as of 15 September 2015)
Most hat-tricks in a La Liga career (32)