10 Things About Deepika Padukone you need to know
Deepika Padukone is an Indian film actress who has done amazing contribution to both Indian and Hollywood film industries
She was born on January 05, 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark. She has a younger sister, Anisha Padukonea budding golfer. Her surname Padukone is the name of the village near Kundapura in Udupi district in Karnataka, India.
One of her favourite movies is the classic Mary Poppins released in 1964.
Deepika is not a spontaneous friend. She takes time to become friends and trust a person.
The first break that Deepika got, was given by famous singer and music composer Himesh Reshamiya, in his music album “Naam Hai Tera”
Her favorite song is We are the World by Michael Jackson.
Deepika learnt acting under Anupam Kher and dance from Shaimak Davar.
Interesting Things :
– Deepika’s first major hit was not ‘Om Shanti Om’. It was a commercial for Liril soap. Initially, the brand was endorsed by Aishwarya Rai, and after her Deepika was roped in for the colourful “oof yu maa!” ad for Liril Orange.
– She is very emotional, quiet and introvert kind of person. When ‘deepika’ was about to sign ‘cocktail’, she was offered the role of ‘meera’ as she is a quiet and sensible person, but ‘imtiaz ali’ suggested her to do the ‘Veronica’s’ role. In which she later gave her excellent performance and she also realized that there is some ‘Veronica’ inside her, who came out after this movie .
– She was a national level badminton player before starting her modelling and acting career.
– She faced depression and she is completely open about that, and she even runs The live love laugh organization to cure depression.
– She made her debut in Hollywood with the film ‘Return of Xander Cage’ starring opposite ‘Vin Diesel.’
– She had adopted a village in Maharastra, Ambegaon as a part of NDTV’s Greenathon Campaign, to provide electricity.
– For the movie Chandani Chowk to China Deepika learned Japanese martial art form of Jujutsu and performed the stunts in the movie without any duplicates.
– The first ever dialogue by Deepika in her debut movie Om Shanti Om was, “Kutte, Kameene, Bhagwaan Ke Liye Mujhe Chhod De.”
– Deepika topped Indian Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in the year 2008 and she was named “India’s Most Beautiful Women” in the year 2012 by the Indian edition of People Magazine.
– Deepika Padukone, the daughter of the badminton player Prakash Padukone, was born in Copenhagen and raised in Bangalore. She has danish passport.
Source : Google