10 Things about Dwayne Johnson you need to know
Dwayne Douglas Johnson (born May 2, 1972), also known by his ring name The Rock, is an American actor, producer, and semi-retired professional wrestler.
Dwayne is so well loved due to his charismatic personality. He also brings high energy and happiness into every room he enters.
He is very easy to connect with on a personal level after opening up about depression and mistakes made as a kid.
Parent(s): Rocky Johnson; Ata Maivia
Partner: Lauren Hashian (2007–)
Born: 2 May 1972 (age 46 years), Hayward, California, United States
Height: 1.96 m
Johnson was a college football player for the University of Miami, where he won a national championship on the 1991 Miami Hurricanes team. Widely regarded as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, Johnson gained mainstream fame in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) from 1996 to 2004 and was the first third-generation wrestler in the company’s history.
He returned to WWE part-time from 2011–13 and continues to make sporadic appearances.
10 Things about Dwayne Johnson
– Dwayne Johnson got his start as the son of professional wrestler Rocky Johnson
– Dwayne followed his family’s footsteps to become a wrestler himself after his football career ended due to nagging injuries and being passed up by the NFL.
– Dwayne made his pro wrestling debut in 1996 first as Flex Kavana
– He made his offical debut for the WWE (then WWF at the time) in November 1996 at a pay per view called Survivor Series, under the name of Rocky Maivia (using a combination of his father and grandfather’s names for his gimmick).
– The Rock also used to have a tattoo of a bull on his right upper arm which was used as his wrestling logo on all of his merchandise from toys, video games, t-shirts and posters, lunchboxes (he recently covered it up with a skeleton) but this was the tattoo on his arm that was his most recognizable feature.
– Johnson’s first leading film role was in The Scorpion King in 2002. For this, he was paid US$5.5 million, a world record for an actor in his first starring role.
– He is an eight time WWF/WWE Champion, two time WCW/World Champion, two time WWF Intercontinental Champion and a five time WWF Tag Team Champion
– His autobiography The Rock Says… debuted at No. 1 on The New York Times Best Seller list in 2000.
– He starred in a music video with a musician ‘Wyclef jean’ with the title of the song being his popular catchphrase “IT DOESNT MATTER”
– The Game Plan which is the first movie he made for Disney back in 2007 in the role of Joe Kingman.
Source: Google3 comments