10 Interesting Things about Neymar Jr you need to know
Neymar is a Brazilian soccer prodigy who has played for FC Barcelona since 2013. Here are some interesting facts about this soccer sensation.
Neymar was born on February 5, 1992 in Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil.He played futsal and street pickup games growing up in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and began his career playing for Santos’s junior team when he was 11.
Interesting Facts :
He scored his 100th professional goal on his 20th birthday
Neymar is the seventh richest footballer in the world.
Neymar was just beginning to showcase his skill in 2010 when an English team took notice. That club was surprisingly West Ham. They quickly made a bid of £12 million for the Brazilian but were turned down immediately. It was this bid that drew eyes to Neymar on a worldwide level as Chelsea then took interest before other clubs joined the transfer frenzy.
With all of Neymar’s hype and talent, he actually came fairly cheap for Barcelona. The Brazilian is the ninth-most expensive purchase in the club’s history at only 57 million euros.
He became a father to little Davvi Luca when he was 19 years old. Neymar has refused to reveal the identity of the mother to ‘protect her and the child’.
He is 5′ 9″ tall (about 1.75 metres).
Neymar dated the Brazilian actress Bruna Marquezine for around a year; they split up in February 2014.
10 Things about Neymar Jr:
– His full name is Neymar da Silva Santos Junior.
– He inherited his name from his father, who is a former footballer and became his son’s advisor as Neymar’s talents began to grow.
– Neymar flew to Spain when he was only 14 to join the Spanish side. He passed all of the tests and was ready to make the move official before Santos paid a hefty price to keep him in Brazil.In 2003, Neymar moved with his family to São Vicente, where he began playing for youth side Portuguesa Santista.
– Neymar joined the Santos Academy in 2003 where he perfected his skills.
– He was the top scorer at the 2010 Copa do Brasil tournament with 11 goals. In 2011, he helped Santos win its first Continental Double since 1963.
– Neymar is the only Brazilian soccer player to have graced the cover of TIME magazine. In fact, the only other Brazilians to find their way on the cover have been political leaders.
– In 2010. Neymar debuted a Mohawk-style haircut, which quickly became popular among younger fans.
– In 2010, Neymar scored five goals in a victory against Guarani in the Brazilian Cup.
– The striker will get $74 million in salary over five years, $13 million of which is a signing bonus.
– Neymar won the South American Footballer of the Year Award in 2011 and 2012.
– In 2012, he was featured on the cover of the Pro Evolution Soccer video game along with Cristiano Ronaldo.
– In 2012 he scored a hat-trick for Brazil in a friendly against China.
Source : Google