15 Interesting Things about the Famous Star-Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson, ” The king of pop” transformed the face of pop music and popular culture. He had the x-factor, music expertise and exploited them in areas like never before. His biggest USP was that his songs were as good as his videos, which is a rare combination in the music world.
Michael Jackson is The Most-Awarded Artist Of All Time. He won more awards than any other music alive or deceased. He’s received 23 Guinness World Records, 40 Billboard Awards, 13 Grammys, and 26 American Music Awards.
Billie Jean was the first music video by a black artist to air on MTV. Billie Jean was the second single from Michael Jackson’s sixth solo album, “Thriller.”
1. Jackson’s Billie Jean was the first video by a black artist to air on MTV.
2. Jackson’s waxwork features in five Madame Tussauds museums across the world. Only Elvis Presley and Madonna have more Tussaud figures – they have six each.
3. Jackson’s total lifetime earnings from royalties, solo recordings and music videos, revenue from concerts and endorsements have been estimated at $500 million (#271 million).
4. Jackson has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: one for radio play, located at 1541 Vine Street, and one for recording at 6927 Hollywood Boulevard.
5. Jackson received a Presidential Humanitarian Award from Ronald Reagan in 1984 for his support of charities helping people overcome alcohol and drug abuse.
6.Three of Jackson’s albums – Bad, Dangerous and Thriller – are among the bestsellers of all time.
7.Jackson wears his trademark black armband to remind fans of the suffering of children around the world.
8.Jackson has sold more than 300 million records worldwide.
9.In 1984, a U.S. library accused Jackson of owing it over $1 million in overdue book fines. Officials said they would scrap the fines if he returned the books autographed.
10.Jackson’s music video for Thriller was voted the greatest music video of all time in a recent Channel 4 (UK) poll.
11.Jackson won an MTV Movie Award for Best Movie Song in 1994 for his song Will You Be There from the movie Free Willy.
12.Jackson’s double album History is the biggest selling double album ever released in the U.S.
13.Jackson owns the patent for a stage shoe device that allows performers to lean forward and appear to defy gravity.
14.Jackson appeared on a postage stamp in the Virgin Islands in the mid-1980s after locals voted him the superstar they’d most like to honor.
15.An extensive 1997 survey declared Jackson was the Most Famous Person in the World.
History Behind Michael Jackson:
Michael Jackson was and still is the greatest singer since Elvis. He was so awesome. He first started singing along with his brothers Tito, Jackie, Jermaine, and Marlon in the Jackson 5, where some people called him ‘little Michael’.
When their father, Joseph, saw that Tito broke a string on his guitar, he punished Tito harshly and made Tito play and Marlon, Jackie, and Jermaine started singing along. Joseph bought Tito his own guitar, and he decided to form a band. When Michael sang for his kindergarten pageant, his brothers decided that he could be the lead singer.
The audience ate it up according to Tito. The Jackson 5 got discovered by Berry Gordy, CEO of Motown Records after their successful performance in the Apollo Theater in Harlem. Their first hit for Motown was their hit song I Want You Back.